Now that summer 2023 has officially arrived, we can finally say happy first day of summer to all 😎! You are likely already feeling some of the side effects that come with your more than normal exposure to the outdoors, particularly the drying hotter temperature. Our skincare products are mostly available all year round with the exception of seasonal scents, but below are the MION summer go-tos we notice flying off the shelves this time of year:
- Organic Sunscreen - Sunscreen should not only be considered during the summer months. We can’t emphasize enough how import sunscreen is for your daily skincare routine. Now sure, what makes this a number one summer item is using in on more parts of the body than you normally would in the winter, after all, no one is loading up on sunscreen under their holiday sweater!
- Bug-Off Spray or Bug-Off Balm - Regardless of the method you prefer, both of these are great for your skin, safe for the environment and lightly scented unlike commercial bug repellants. This does the job of keeping critters away while keeping your skin both moisturized and hydrated.
- Cooling Spray - For those high heat days at outdoor sporting events or family BBQs, this is the perfect secret weapon to help you survive in grueling temperatures. This peppermint and lavender essential oil blend leaves the skin feeling refreshed with the slight chill you need to cool your body temperature!
- Itch Relief Natural Oil - No bug repellant fully fights that annoying mosquito bite or two unfortunately. To help alleviate and offset the discomfort, we created a natural oil that helps calm the skin with anti-inflammatory properties. This is not only great for the whole family, but particularly for the little ones who don’t always comprehend the concept of, “No scratching!”
- Heel Balm - Though we have several customers that swear by this product throughout every season, this MION product is easily underrated for the summer. Dry, cracked feet are not only common during the cold winter months, but even more so during sandal season! Extend your pedicures and keep your feet moisturized as you expose your feet more often over the next several weeks!
As a reminder, these products are available all year round, but are most commonly purchased during the spring and summer months as many enjoy travel and the great outdoors frequently. For us, it’s not only about creating great products that work, but focussing on products that are environmentally friendly. Have a wonderful summer, and we hope to see you soon as you stock up on your summer survival skincare!